KINDA HOT: A book about Saint Jack

Info, news and a kind of diary covering the publication of a book about the making of the film Saint Jack in Singapore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedok, The East, Singapore

Author, Lecturer, Screenwriter, Film Critic & Historian... Email me!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The book is out!

IMG_0186
The old crew and me - from left to right - Noel Joseph (Gopi), Tan Yan Meng (Little Hing), Teo Bee Hui (Jimmy) and Peter Teh (Mike), not in the photo is Tony Yeow, the film's unit manager.

Yesterday we had our launch event at Borders, which I had originally intended to be a 'soft launch', and not to be such A Big Deal, but over the last 2 weeks it seemed to gather momentum with all my friends promising to be there, and then after the 'unbanning' of Saint Jack last week, it seemed to become even more important to mark the event properly. So, most of the local cast and crew who I had interviewed showed up - which was a huge thrill for me, and I think the crowd that came to watch loved meeting them.

We almost sold out of books in the shop - which I'm told is pretty rare - but I have to thank all the good, good friends who showed up and supported me, and I hope you enjoy the book.

I'm off to the UK on wednesday for 2 and half weeks - so don't expect too much blogging from me. But hopefully press and publicity will continue to unfold. I'll try and get links up when I can.

Latest links.
Full version of the 'unbanned' scoop and feature all on one page.
The New Paper's take on it - very tabloidy.
Mr Miyagi, top blogger and Saint Jack fan previews.
And, Amazon US finally has the book for sale - still no picture. Grrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Thanks man! So you're the reason I have an Amazon sales rank. And if you ever do get over here, I'll be happy to sign it...

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home