KINDA HOT: A book about Saint Jack

Info, news and a kind of diary covering the publication of a book about the making of the film Saint Jack in Singapore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedok, The East, Singapore

Author, Lecturer, Screenwriter, Film Critic & Historian... Email me!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hidden in a podcast

I had downloaded the mp3 that Jeffrey Wells' put up on his website of his interview with Peter Bogdanovich about his re-worked and restored documentary Directed By John Ford, but it took me a week to get round to listening to it. I had sent Wells a copy of Kinda Hot a couple of months ago, but he'd never got back to me and I imagined it had slipped into the ether. But at about 23 minutes into their conversation he raises the topic with Bogdanovich, and although the discussion of Saint Jack doesnt quite catch fire, it was pretty strange to hear these two guys talking about me...

2 Comments:

Blogger 0ne said...

Hey Ben

I got hold of your book yesterday from Harris, and just finished reading it in one breath.

Excellent piece of work documenting Singapore's history.

Now, if only films such as "Rings of Fury" and "Medium Rare" are released on DVD...

8:06 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Hi Zero

Thanks for posting... and thanks so much for the comments. Glad you enjoyed reading it.

The only known copy of Ring of Fury is too faded to be much use transferring to DVD, and I dont know what the situation is with Mediuum Rare, although it was screened recently at the National Museum.

Cheers

ben

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home